View Single Post
      10-14-2020, 01:33 PM   #46
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
We crossed that line about around the iphone X, where there are no more legitimate uses for any more phone features.
While I'd agree it's been incremental, for those of us on pre-X phones it's a worthy upgrade I think.

I had the original iPhone, then started skipping generations so I went :

iPhone
3GS
4S
6S

I sold each previous gen phone, wiped and jailbroken, for ~$300. So this upgrade will likely cost me a bit more due to having to buy new chargers and such but will still be < $1,000.

It's gotten longer and longer between upgrades as I'm not really a heavy user aside from forums, texting, general social media. That being said, I've still managed to burn through 814 GB of data so far this month on cellular data (I've hit over 1TB before several times) and I'm on my phone maybe 8-10 hours a day according to my screen time tracker. So perhaps "intensive" is a better word than "heavy" (ie, I'm not doing video editing, film making, etc). (Also, thank you AT&T for unlimited everything plans).

To me, the increase in storage, battery life, screen quality, camera quality, and 5G when in certain locations is why I'll be upgrading, likely to the mini because I hate the "phablet" trend. I like being able to type the full keyboard with one thumb, and I don't throw my phone into a purse or my back pocket, it sits in my front pocket so past a certain size it just digs into me when I sit down. I thought the 4S was the perfect size, begrudgingly got used to the 6S size, and absolutely refuse to get a phone I can't even hit half the screen on one-handed. I have an iPad if I want that, and it's primarily the bedside / bathtub reader.
Appreciate 0