nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Economatic View Post
I know I'm bumping a thread that's a few months old but I'm curious if anyone who posted earlier has any updates or if others have things to add.

I just picked up my M2C a couple days ago and I'm feeling oddly 'meh' about it. I began my search over a year ago, got an allocation in January, did ED in May (didn't get to drive it due to the airbag stop delivery), and then it finally arrived at the dealer 2 weeks ago. I drove it about 180 miles home on Sunday and my first impressions were positive but now...I don't know. I'm not sure if I'm underwhelmed, it was over-hyped, or something else but I'm just not feeling that excited about the car. Am I crazy?

I know part of my problem is the day before I picked up the M2C I did a track day. So I went from driving at the limit on Saturday to driving like a grandpa on the way to church on Sunday. And I was completely annoyed that I found myself lusting over a Cayman GT4. Of course I have another 1,000 miles of Sunday driving to do before the fun starts after the break-in period is complete.

Please chime in if you have anything to add. PM is fine if you don't want to get flamed like I know I'll be getting soon. I'm seriously kicking around the idea of putting the M2C up for sale this week before I put more miles on it considering the odometer is sitting at exactly 200 miles.

It sounds like you were in a similar situation. What did you decide to do?
I think the others are right about at least waiting for the break-in service to make a better decision.

Given that, I'm still very back and forth with my thoughts of the car. This is definitely the fastest (and most expensive) car that I have ever owned, but it's crazy how quickly one can get accustomed to the speed. I transitioned from stock to BM3's CS to Stage 1 so quickly. Each time I thought that this would be enough power for me, but here I am considering Stage 2 already. When will it be enough?

As I'm writing this, I think I'm going about it all wrong though. This car isn't meant to be driven in a straight line...it's meant for the back roads and/or the track.

So, before I start modding it, I think I'm going to take some driving course lessons and figure out how to drive it the way it's supposed to be driven. (I haven't even driven it in MDM yet. haha)
Appreciate 0