beMtroubleYou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C '18

Garage List
2018 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ack_ View Post
I couldn't handle the excessive amount of brake dust the stock pads create so I spent some time researching low dust alternatives. I settled on Carbotech's street pads. They've been out for awhile and the M5 crowd seem to recommend. them.

First off, this was the easiest brake job I've ever done. It took all of 15 minutes per side to do, and that included jacking the car up, removing the rims and cleaning the calipers.

The only thing that took a little extra time were the rear brake tension brackets. Getting them re-seated took a few minutes, but overall, it was really simple.

The whole job took me several hours though since I took the opportunity to clean the wheel wells and do a full detail of the rims (power wash, boar hair brush cleaning, wipe down), and then finished up with Adam's Polishes Spray wax.

One interesting find was that the inside of the wheel wells are stamped with M2 logos.

It rained after doing this so I haven't even had a chance to bed the pads. I did the brake job and then rolled the car back into the garage. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow so I'll take it out, bed in the pads, and drive them for a bit and then give my impressions.

Total cost was around $450.
Hi! - I am trying to install XP8 right now on my M2C. Front pads went seemless but I have some trouble with the rear ones.

Cant hammer in the pin - as it hits the pad "ear". I tried a bit force and started chipping off some material of the pad (by the ear). Did you have the same problem? Am I missing something?
Appreciate 0