Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Artemis, good sir, given the choice between turbo-charged 4 banger and naturally aspirated 6, I'd take 4 banger 8 days a week.
I know, I know, I know... heresy. The ravings of a benighted ignoramus. But, for my use case, daily driving and fun weekend canyon runs, want / need low down torque. I see all the comments in the thread on 981 GT4 owners saying NA6 just feels slow and boring on the road, stratospheric gearing, and needing to go "lose your license" speed to actually enjoy the sound of the NA6, and I'm convinced that NA6 is only good for track duty, which isn't my use case.
And again, because I'm an ignoramus, I actually like the sound of the 4 banger!!! Maybe I need to buy myself a Subaru!
I said "6-banger". Not "naturally aspirated 6-banger".
Ah! Damn! Turbo-charged 6! Yes. That would rock.
With a naturally aspirated motor you just need to be in the proper gear and rpm range not necessarily at "lose your license" speeds...

As for the Porsche Cayman GT4 ... "it is a naturally aspirated variant bored and stroked to 4.0 litres - The result is 414 horsepower—up 49 on the turbo four found in the Cayman GTS—and 309 lb-ft of torque. The GTS, hits its peak at 1900 rpm and carries it to 5500. And the GT4/Spyder engine's power peak is at 7600, 2100 rpm higher than the turbo four's."

Current ///M: 2017 M3 Ultimate
Past ///M Cars: E92 M3 ZCP 'CDN LRP' … E85 Z4M-R ... E92 M3 ZCP Frozen ... E90 M3 ... E46 M3 Cab ... E46 M3 ZCP ... E46 M3
Appreciate 0