Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10" View Post
These are going to sit in lots. Wait 6 months and a much better buy at $70k. The M3CS and M4 CS had the same fate.
Not sure whether M2 CS will be "sitting in lots" - likely they even won't make it to the entrance of a lot of dealerships:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuibmw View Post
So, BMW did not learn from the M3/M4 CS mistake. These cars sat at dealers lots for long and in order to move them, some were offering $25K off, not good. My guessing it will be same for this car not saying it's a bad ride, but come on 40% over M2C
If I'm informed correctly, BMW got paid for the GTS and CS cars - the dealers paid. But dealers usually learn from what they experience. Apart from some places on the face of the earth known for mark-up frenzy, we can reasonably assume that most dealers will prefer signed M2 CS orders prior to ordering that expensive type of car targeted at a limited audience. I mean, it's quite nice to have a GTS or CS on display in your showroom, but the showroom is not supposed to become a 'museum'.
They made way less M3 CS than M2 CS and they sat on dealer lots with big discounts in the US market. Perhaps things were different in Europe?