Drives: M3 E92 DCT, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by widetyres View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
WideT,

If you are concerned about lag due to upgraded FMIC, I can recommend - 1st hand - adding Pure or FTP hi flo inlet pipe [removes a restriction on the inlet side of the turbo] to offset the lag.

Works very well, provided you are choosing the right FMIC ie one with low pressure losses between inlet and outlet.

FWIW, I had Wagner Comp Evo II on my stg 2 JB4'd M135i and will be fitting CSF to my BM3'd M2.

BP
Hi BP,

I was only talking about this part with a friend yesterday as I was unsure how much benefit would really be realised without a bigger turbo. Was you experience with the hi flo turbo inlet based on a stock or already tuned car?

I'm very interested in anything that minimised turbo lag.

Cheers.
WideT

M2 stock inlet pipe is same part as fitted to early F2x m135i and F3x 335i with PWG turbo. Inlet ID is ideal for smaller PWG turbo compressor wheel. The later EWG turbo - as fitted to m2 - has larger comp wheel hence oem inlet pipe is restrictive by default.

On my JB4 tuned EWG n55 in my m135i - the Pure hi Flo inlet pipe helped the car to punch harder longer higher up the rev range. Areas under power and torque curves grew by about 20 & 30% respectively. No brainer imho for n55 in my m2.
Cheers BP.

Added to the shopping list!
Appreciate 1
Bee Pee1768.00