Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Pip View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Hi all,

What is the most recent update on unlocking/flashing via OBD? I currently have an M2 and contemplating upgrading to an M2C and as silly as this may sound I am reluctant to make the switch unless I know I can easily flash BM3. I understand you can get your DME unlocked via bench method but I much prefer the reassurance of keeping everything at OBD level in the event I need to re-lock the DME etc.

Thanks,
You shall remain reluctant for a quite a fair bit longer. With B58 and S58 ... BM3 probably sees no justification to spend resources on Mar 2019+ S55s
Such a shame : that said, if you go get the DME bench unlocked, is it then possible to lock/unlock via BM3? Or does it remain in an unlocked state going forward? Only possibly to lock back via bench? Or irreversible?
Correct. If you get the DME bench unlocked then you can flash BM3 as you normally would. If you have a shop in your area that can do the bench unlock, it only takes about an hour of labor.