05-13-2016, 10:12 PM   #29
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Thanks

1) I'm not sure what the stock spec for camber is on the M2 but it's not very much. I was implying that the turn in wasn't bad at all despite the minimal negative camber up front.

2) I'm using throttle to rotate the car. I guess you could say it's my driving style, but I noticed that with less throttle the car would understeer more. The car does not naturally oversteer, if anything it understeers a bit. Rotating the car with throttle allows you to apply more throttle earlier and exit a little faster.

Thanks! The turbo lag is built in to the software, if you shift above 6000rpm it eliminates the lag. I'll be driving tomorrow at Homestead with some new Pagid RS29 pads so we'll see how those hold up.

27s are fast! I'm hoping to be in the low to mid 20s with the coilovers, tires and power the next time we head out there.

Once you get the coilovers, pads and maybe some 18" rims track tires you should significantly reduce the understeer, first thing I thought when I saw it was coming on 19" rims was that car is going to feel piggy in mid to low speed turns. Dropping the cars roll center really improved the 235 quite a bit, should apply to the m2.

I only get to Sebring a few times a year and your much more committed than me in 17, prob worth a second at least there on my time. I think 228 on good street rubber, 225 on r comps should be relatively achievable looking at the vid. Although you may have to wait until the fall it's just to damn hot down there after May.
Appreciate 0