Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM2 View Post
Just learned that, that's unfortunate.
Yeah it is unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I don’t understand people that add down pipes to their M cars. It completely defeats the smog system on the car and is illegal in most states for road use.
Because some individuals (myself included) are seeking to push the performance limit to it's absolute edge, and smog/emission systems are a significant draw back that must be eliminated to achieve the goal. Plus catted downpipes melt and jam up on intense track usage, which is another issue with emission systems for performance orientated builds. I guess at the end of the day it comes down to each individual owner and what they are willing to do, like i'm absolutely insane and will spend upwards of $3K on a water injection system that yields extremely minimal gains in terms of iat's but to me that small decrease in temperature is more than worth the fee. Or I'll spend $8K on suspension components for as little as a few tenths of a second off a lap time (large under exaggeration) but again to me that is more than worth it.

In regards to legality that is up to the individual end user and I will not comment on that part.
AndrewC198910929.50