View Single Post
      06-18-2019, 08:30 PM   #356
2PUTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk23 View Post
This may have already been addressed earlier so I apologize if it has but wanted to ask about car covers and what your thoughts are for using them (outdoor application)! I know the general consensus is that a cover is fine to use as long as the car/cover itself are relatively clean. My main question is weather its better for the car to sit outside in the rain and not be washed for a few days, risking water spots OR would it be better to cover a car that isn't completely clean (for example washed a couple days earlier, lightly driven with a light layer of pollen on the car). Which would you say is the lesser of two evils in this scenario? Should I just let the car sit in the rain and wash it properly when I can or cover a car that isn't completely clean risking minor scratches?

For reference, this is the car cover I have: https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...r-cover.C-CCNH
i prefer an uncovered car all day everyday. this is the very same reason i leave my grill uncovered. covering normally leads to moisture being trapped under the covers. this is one of the worst things to do to the car.

my cars normally get PPF and ceramic coating before i even take them home. a self-healing PPF like Xpel will help ease your scratch concerns. the ceramic on top of the PPF only makes it very easy to clean. sometimes, you just have to hose the car down and drive...
Appreciate 0