12-28-2020, 09:27 PM   #59
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
As far as I'm concerned, everything hinges on the G87 for me. All my Ms currently are NA so I'd like to own at least one FI car before the manuals are killed off. If the G87 doesn't turn out the way I want, I could always revert back to the F87C, maybe even a CS in about 5 years.

I think people on this forum are counting out the G87 way too fast
1) I never ever judge a car by amateur or even magazine photshops. I followed the F87 since before this subgroup even existed and not one looked as good as end product
2) I don't see much of a point in comparing that car with the G80/2. Sure the weight is not ideal, but has anyone driven one? I don't judge a car purely by specs. I don't care about lap times and 3s acceleration, nor do I care that people complained about the F87 not being that much lighter than F82 (or did we forget that all of a sudden)

Please do understand I love the F87, and might still pull the trigger on a used one later. I just think that if the G87 ends up being the very last manual 6MT car M ever makes, it certainly deserves a chance.
Placed an order for a M2 Comp to replace my 2017 M2...probably the last DCT was one reason.
Appreciate 0