View Single Post
      11-01-2021, 08:45 AM   #34
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Nitron's Installed

We installed the Nitron R1 kit last week. Installation was very straightforward being a direct replacement, single adjustment system. Everything needed is included in the kit - including the camber plates. We set the ride height where we wanted and immediately started the most important testing - street comfort. I'm getting a bit softer as I get older and my tolerance for poor street characteristics is exponentially getting lower. After putting it through its paces on a mix of highway & some less than stellar roads it is apparent that we started out a bit too ambitious with the the spring rates. Although I think we would be happy with these rates on the track it is apparent we need to dial them back a bit to obtain our street goals. Happy with the length though - plenty of wheel/tire clearance (wanted to make sure we provided the necessary room to run the wider wheel/tire setups). When the new springs are on will recheck street compliance and once satisfied there will head back out to the track.

On a side note we had the weekend of Dec 4 & 5 open up so we are going to head to Eagles Canyon in Decatur, TX and run the M2C in NASA time trials. Going to be far from optimized for whichever class we land in being basically a mildly prepped street car - but still ought to be a lot of fun. Will be running the car pretty much as it sits right now but with a 275/295 Hoosier A7/R7 stagger. Only other change I would anticipate is the installation of the Cobra Nogaro's and our half cage - we finally took delivery of our new automated tube bender & miller style notcher last week
Appreciate 2
jeffm8276.00
M1500Z424.50