View Single Post
      11-17-2020, 09:09 AM   #34
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
To be fair, BMW could have hit a home run with the M2 right out of the gate but chose not to. They could have put the S55 in from the start and given it an adaptive suspension (at least as an option). And they could have worked on the steering rack a bit more. I can’t speak for the M2CS, maybe they improved that part. I mean a Golf R has adaptive suspension, BMW couldn’t work that in? I think the problem with the M2 is that BMW saw it as a poor man’s M4 Coupe instead of what people really wanted was ALL the M4 parts in a smaller, lighter package. Of course the problem with that is then you just buy the M2 instead of the M4 so I get it.
Interesting, but I look at the M2 a completely different way. The fact that it did not come with adaptive suspension in the first place made me raise my eyebrows, but in a good way.

Considering this car was built after 2015, it's pretty cool to see a car with passive suspension, slicktop available, manual handbrakes, 1 package and size of an E46. Imagine if they offered it without Idrive.

I respect the M2 because it's as back to basics as possible in this current market from a maker like BMW (and not something like Lotus).
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1