2018 X5 M  [0.00]
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2005 BMW X5 4.8is  [0.00]
2006 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard in NC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavallone View Post
"The M2 was originally attempting to appeal a younger demographic but it's so well-crafted that it can work for a wider spectrum of buyers."

Poochie, you hit the nail on the head with that statement. that discribes the M2 perfectly. The M2's abilities, build quality, sophistication and brand, expanded the market. This discussion on age can be broadened to include other consumables, not just cars. words like: active, sport, athletic, fast, performance, etc... are all used to decribe youthful atributes. its the nature of the human condition. as people get older they will decide which parts of their life (if any) these adjectives apply to. the younger a person is the more likely these words will apply to more parts of their lives. The M2 is a youthful car, it fulfills youthful interests, however a person's numerical age does not have to be a limiting factor in fullfilling one's interests. I'm 57.
One other demographic not mentioned is the long time BMW owner, They had an E36 or E46 M3 and want to get back to the basics of a fun car to drive versus todays much bigger 3 or 5 series. Or they never owned one of those models (like myself) and want to have that driving experience.
That's me!
I'm 39, owned my E46 since '09, I have a slew of other BMW M cars, something about this package in the CS that draws me. I have driven the M2 on the track a few times and loved it! I'm looking to get into a modern take on the age old formula, which includes a 6 speed.