08-14-2020, 05:29 AM   #3
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
I have an allocation in status 111 that is scheduled to go into production at the end of the month. So now is the time to finalize my spec.

I am set on:
- Hockenheim Silver
- No moonroof
- Exec package (for the upgraded LEDs only, the rest of the pkg is useless)
- 6MT obviously

I am being really indecisive and waffling back and forth on these two things:
- 788M wheel color
- Blue or orange interior stitching

Both of these decisions are both subjective and I'm sure I'll be thrilled no matter what I end up with. But I still have to order one of them .

Wheel color:

I was pretty set on the "black" (really gunmetal) wheels initially. But looking at some more photos specifically with HS paint, the awesome 788M details seem to get "lost" in the darker wheels. I can only imagine how much more that will be the case when the wheels are covered in brake dust.

The other hesitation I have with the "black" wheels is that in certain lights they give me a ricer vibe for the overall car. Not sure what it is as I usually love darker wheels (had them on my M240) but it's something to do with HS. I think the black wheels look awesome on SO paint, for example.

Downside of the bi-color wheels is that there is no other chrome/silver on the exterior of the M2C (thank you BMW). So they kind of stand out and don't match anything on the exterior, but they also show the detail of the wheels much better.

Of course, I am assuming that the bi-color wheels will look like the black wheels 48 hours after a wash. So maybe this is all moot?

Interior stitching:

Oh man, this is a tough one. I don't LOVE either color, but I don't hate them either. My number one gripe with both is that they clash with the M stripes on the steering wheel and seat belts. Not to mention the red start/stop button which doesn't match anything else in the car.

This is where I wish BMW had gone the p-car route a bit. The orange interior would look incredible with matching solid orange seat belts. Same with the blue. But alas, we have awesome M stitching on the steering wheel and seat belts that totally clash with both interior color options.

I hope this doesn't come off as a rant. I am super excited for my M2C no matter what options I pick. I'm just choosing to exercise my impatience by waffling over these two decisions and would love to hear input from other M2C owners.

Too bad dealers barely keep any M2Cs in stock. Otherwise I'd just go look at these side to side in person and make my decision there.
I think the black wheels and the blue stitching look better with the HS. If the orange was closer to red, I would have chosen it, but to my eye, the orange trim on the seats and shifter does not match up well with the silver.
Appreciate 0