Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaws View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
Anyway of checking what DME we have to see if its with the new Bosch locked bootloader?
The only way is to check the production date on the DME. There are no software version numbers that can be checked as this is not BMW software but Bosch bootloader. So yeah, production date stamped on the DME is the only way to verify. Unfortunately getting the DME out is a bit of a pain. I'm taking mine in next month to have just this done.
Can't you just get the HWEL software version number like I did and check which version?

Version 002 for the bench unlock.
Version 003 for the new Bosch MVED DME?

There's a number of programs on a PC or phone that can do a software version grab, like checking iStep version... or am I missing something here? Would've thought there'd be some differentiation between the DMEs by software versions?
As far as I understand it the boot-loader code that has changed is not readable by software hence PTF asking me to check the DME production date (even after I shared with them the BM3 screenshot showing software versions).
Ok, so is your HWEL version the same as mine?
Not sure what HWEL is if I'm honest? Where do I see that in BM3?
I'm not an expert on this, but it's a version number associated with each ECU in the car. It's obtainable using E-Sys software, I'm pretty sure you can also grab it using MHDs F series fault code reader, I'd have to check BM3 if it's avail (not sure on it).

Some of the expert coders will know more about this...
How did you read yours? MHD?
I found it with E-Sys, but I also confirmed it with MHD.

If you've got an Enet cable that you can connect to your phone/device then just download the MHD F series app (doesn't charge you to scan) and open the stock flash scan, it shows the details in there.
Quick one, does it say Version 3 if its the new Bosch Bootloader? Im having it connected up to Esta next week to check.
I'm not sure, but there is 3 versions of the S55 DME now. The early ones that you could tune via OBD with no difficulty, the 2nd from March 2019 which requires a bench unlock of the boot loader (everyone's familiar with this) and then the new one from circa July 2020 (unconfirmed so far).

Mine ends with the 002, I guess if it ends in the 003??? Speculating here, there's not much info out there.
Doubt it. Checked today and mine ends in 002 on MHD. Same version numbers available via BM3. I presented these very numbers to ProTuningFreaks and they said it wasn't enough to determine the version of the bootloader, only production date. So, looks like we have to take our DMEs out physically to check. Sucks!
Easier to see if it can be bench unlocked. Don't need to remove the inlet manifold for that etc!
Bench unlocking and reading the production date stamped on the DME require the same level of work? Bench unlocking is actually more time consuming as you have to connect up the wires etc.
Appreciate 0