04-10-2020, 10:32 AM   #58
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Nezil, any update from PTF?
Sorry for the delay everyone... I've found that this whole 'working from home' thing has been far more stressful and far less time for looking in to issues like this.

Actually I'm a bit disappointed with where we got to with PTF. Initial tests showed promise, but didn't really improve much in any significant way.

I feel like I've provided quite a lot of data, and a lot of data analysis, and though I was getting new maps initially that must have had some changes, I never found out exactly what these changes were, and it honestly feels like some confusion about what I'm trying to address.

I keep hearing the consistent responses of:
  • Shift faster
  • 6MT isn't as fast as DCT
The first of which I've tried, and this makes the situation worse, not better (unless the revs are high enough for boost not to drop as much), and the second isn't really that helpful; it's obvious.

What makes this all the more frustrating is that NVM in the UK claim that they have a fix for this, but aren't prepared to do remote tuning. Either they're making a false claim, or they're one of the only tuners that knows what's needed to tune out this waste-gate closing delay.

So far, SeanWRT's suggestion that it could be related to turbo shaft speed is the best I've heard, but this isn't what's being suggested by PTF.

I really do want to work more on this, and I'll reach out to PTF one more time and see if they're interested, but if not, it might be time to ask some other tuners familiar with this platform and see if they have any insight.

SeanWRT, I've heard you say in the past that the throttle response of the N55 is good. Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but between shifts in 6MT is pretty awful. A fast shift can cause nearly an entire second before boost really starts to build again. Technically the throttle is fully open, but the feeling of throttle response is very delayed.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings

Last edited by Nezil; 04-10-2020 at 11:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
M Fifty844.00