View Single Post
      09-22-2017, 10:34 PM   #1063
humanista
Rep
Drives: F32 MY18 440xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSecaBlue View Post
wow...ok so it took me two f'n days to read this thread, but a lot of great info in here. Already ordered my vgate adapter - thanks to whomever posted the link for that one. A few clarifications/questions:

My car is in paint this week (according to dealer) and will arrive in 6 weeks. Has anyone successfully coded a MY18 LCI and what were you able to code?

It seems like the newer versions of this car are being produced with fewer options that can be coded (items/modules "grayed out"). Has anyone with a MY18 LCI found that they were NOT able to code something thata could be coded in a MY16/17?

For those of you using the expert mode, if asked to rate yourself on a 10 point scale in terms of IT/Tech savvy skills, where would you be? I realize this is very subjective, but just trying to get an idea of where I need to be in order to get into this side of the app.

thanks - cheers.
I'm still working through my list of items I want to code. I got through the FEM section. I wanted to change the auto signal (I have no idea what it is called) from the default of 3 to 6. I was unable to do it via the app – I tried both the menu system and expert mode. I wrote Stephan and he said that option was no longer available. Everything else in the FEM that I wanted to do worked.

I have a 2018 440xi built in August. M-sport
Appreciate 0