View Single Post
      09-24-2021, 06:56 PM   #34
Spydert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT, 530i M Sprt Pckg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzWoz View Post
Thanks for the review Spydert. This gives me the sads, as I've been telling myself that a Cayman GTS 4.0 is the only car that I would leave my OG M2 for. I used to own a 987 Cayman S and loved it, although not enough to trade it in and get myself installed in a manual M2.

I went to the local Porsche dealer for the launch of the 4 cyl 718 and just could not get past the gorgeous lines of the car....only to hear that nauseating drone from the exhaust. The 4.0 will fix that! (I thought).

The long gearing always concerned me, and the thought of needing to take a brand new Porsche to Sharkwerks to resolve that problem seemed ludicrous.

I'd still like to drive one myself to confirm my fears, but yeah, I think 911 has replaced the Cayman in my brain-garage. My wallet doesn't approve of this change!.

Hahahahahaha.
My wallet is complaining too.
But when the desirable 718 is knocking so firmly on the 911s door (price wise), what is one to do?
Please test drive one first though. You may not feel the same way I did about it. But when you do, also test drive the 911. I know we make a lot of noise about Porsche’s NA engines cos they’re endangered but that may be making us blind to the genius they’ve built into their turbo engines.
Same thing applies to their pdk, I would never have so much as requested a test drive in a non manual Porsche, but since I did, I’m still unable to decide if I want a pdk or manual 911.
Appreciate 2
OzWoz75.00
///M TOWN16309.00