View Single Post
      09-24-2021, 06:42 PM   #31
Spydert
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT, 530i M Sprt Pckg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggins View Post
I echo some of the things you are saying in this post OP. I dipped my toe into P car ownership a couple of years ago through a new 2018 Cayman S. Obviously the handling characteristics of that car were truly sublime, and the way the car rotated and steered through a corner was telepathic. But there was also a lot that I couldn't accept, including: very sub par build quality which was a shock to me after hearing about how P cars are the best in the world, rough sounding 4cyl turbo (not an issue with the NA 4.0), and an incredibly loud cabin roar that was ever present. I am glad I scratched that itch, and maybe a 911 would have been different but I was underwhelmed overall.

Yeah the 718 chassis is a masterpiece all by itself.
You should try the 911 though. I’m not experienced enough to say exactly what makes it the best car I’ve ever driven but I know that without a doubt and without being influenced by all the hype it gets (like I said, I was never into the 911 and what I thought would be my dream garage was one with the best sub 100k cars of my time which I reckoned to be an M2 and a Cayman/Boxster), but I was blown away by it. You get in and immediately feel you can do anything with this car, and you want to do it all. That’s the best way I can describe it.
Appreciate 2
Foggins1334.50
natmad667.00