View Single Post
      09-24-2021, 05:28 PM   #29
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Some comments in this thread lol... I went from 2016 M4C 6MT to 2019 M2 6MT and finally to 2016 Cayman GTS PDK (throughout this whole transition I have also had a 2001 Miata 5MT and still have it). CGTS is easily the most fun car I've owned despite not being a manual (and also the best sounding). I specifically looked for a PDK due to the tall gearing issue and initially was expecting to get bored after some time but I still love every second of it after owning it for over a year now. CGTS is a completely different animal when it comes to handling, feedback, agility and power delivery. It's NA so if you drive it like you drive a turbocharged car, of course you are not going to have the same experience especially in daily driving. The car loves to be at 5K-7.5K RPM range and even at spritied driving there are slow enough corners you have to downshift into 1st whereas you could easily be in 2nd without any problem in a car like M2C thanks to the low end torque. In other words, my CGTS demands a different driving style than my M2C did and I actually absolutely love it. Both my M4C and M2C had so much more power and torque but I much prefer driving experience of a naturally aspirated, midengine car. Do I miss my M2C? Yes, it was one hell of a fun car. I'm still a huge BMW fan and I would love to have an M2C next to my CGTS but I would never sell my CGTS to go back to an M2/M4 (or any M for that matter). I will probably add an M sedan to my garage for hauling the family and daily driving though.
Appreciate 1