View Single Post
      02-27-2020, 09:09 AM   #2
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Something I do when contemplating getting rid of a vehicle, is actually envision that I've sold it. Don't drive it, don't look at it, don't think about it in your garage. Imagine that it was actually gone, and how does that make you feel? If you go out to garage after a week, hop in, and it brings a smile to your face, it may not be time to get rid of it. If you honestly don't care when you're behind the wheel and it doesn't bring you joy any more, then it may be time to sell.

There are a ton of options out there to chose from, even if manual sports cars are dying. Something higher up and more comfy, perhaps a manual Dodge Challenger would be good, Scatpack/SRT or Hellcat? New Camaro, still might be a bit too low. Golf R come in manual and are AWD, as do Focus RS's. Civic Type R is great fun and manual, super comfy, but very binary styling and also wrong wheel drive. Subaru WRX, AWD and manual, might be a bit more comfy and less jarring, dunno about height though. Mustang is also a potential option, ATS-V Caddy...? Some new Mini's are also offered in manual, but I'm still weary on their new turbo drivetrains, also probably too low.

I think all sport cars will ride harshly though. I don't think the M2 rides bad, it's just not particularly comfy. It's a sports car though, not a grand tourer. It's no where near as bad as GTR's though, good lord those ride bad.

Also FWIW, you can make pretty good power in the Golf R's for relatively cheap, and you'll have an AWD rocket. Mighty Car Mods on YouTube did a couple videos on their Golf R, with some bolt ons and a tune, they were consistently running mid 11's in the 1/4 mile. That's quick.
Appreciate 3
2M502.50
ried793.00