View Single Post
      05-21-2021, 04:45 PM   #100
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
He already has a unknown aftermarket IC.

He went from approximately 95 degrees to 110 degrees over the course of a third gear run. I believe he's a 6MT. The 6MT has a very long 3rd gear which runs out to around 108mph at 7000rpms. So over the span of his run ~2,500-6,500rpms, his IATs went up 15 degrees.

Being in FL, he's going to be near or in that timing reduction threshold a majority of the time because the daily driving will heat up any IC fairly quickly, especially in normal driving. Sure, glory runs on a cold motor and cold IC may show slightly less increase in IAT over the run, but is that really representative of the real world or real track driving?

I think some folks believe that a "good" IC should maintain ambient IATs all the time. Good luck with that.
You’re missing the point. A good IC is all about the reduction of IAT rise in each gear. 10-15F is one gear is not good regardless of ambient temps. Take a look at some of the IC/IAT logs I’ve posted.

Even if timing isn’t being pulled from IATs <110F, the cooler your charge air, the more power you make.

He already knows this and is why he’s switching to a larger IC soon.

Last edited by ZM2; 05-21-2021 at 04:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
AmuroRay2315.00