12-20-2017, 04:34 AM   #8
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Hi Smurf,
Thanks again for taking time out to offer some thoughts on the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Is it just problems attaching film to certain parts of the car (e.g. bumper = problem, bonnet =ok)...?
Actually yes, but the opposite. Large expanses such as bonnet and panels wont fully adhere, the bumper seems good. I suspect areas where the dealership may have used a certain polish or wax liberally could be the problem. They wouldn't have invested as much time or effort into tricky areas.

Quote:
It's probably the colour ... I'm pretty sure that the film only works with LBB!!
Haha you're probably right, I mean let's face it, LBB needs to be concealed by any means possible BSM is so good out of the box that it repels the film

Thanks for the offer re Suntek installer. After Christmas I will see how this film has held up and have a better idea of what to do next.The guys at current place have been good and straight up about it all, and making themselves available over the break if I run into issues with what has been done so far.

Have a good evening!