12-19-2017, 10:24 PM   #7
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
Ive hit a problem with the XPEL install, the adhesive is not taking to my brand new vehicle. I have confirmed 100% that there is no Ceramic coating or anything applied by dealership, the guys at the XPEL workshop have done their usual checks but for some reason the film is not adhering to my car.
Bummer

Is it just problems attaching film to certain parts of the car (e.g. bumper = problem, bonnet =ok)...? It certainly seems odd - the Suntek my installer used didn't have any significant problems: he corrected some very minor defects with adhesion that popped up in the first couple of weeks. Its hard to believe one film has significantly superior (or inferior) adhesive performance. Are you going for a stealth (or some other non-conventional) finish...?

Quote:
...but something with my new M2 is causing major issues.
It's probably the colour ... I'm pretty sure that the film only works with LBB!!

Quote:
Seems it might be a no go
IM me if you want the contact details of the Suntek guy that I used. His work is fantastic, and his after-sales support has been top notch. I've not been able to fault it. Note: he may be more expensive than your XPEL guys as he doesn't use pre-fab stencils (he custom creates the pattern/stencils as he goes).

Cheers!

p.s. sorry about the crappy Dad Joke
Appreciate 0