specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf View Post
Bit late to the replies on this topic Specka, so this may not be of much use, but I've got a reference for a Suntek PPF installer here in Melbourne.

The guy is very very good - from the sound of what he does, my M2 is one of the cheaper cars that he's worked on. Apparently, he's shortly going to work on a Bugatti Veyron!

Anyway, when I got in touch with him I asked for the XPEL product, but he thought that the Suntek gave a better finish (less orange peel was his advice, which I went with). He also creates his own patterns, and does not use the pre-cut kits that a lot of installers use. This gives better coverage and hides the cut lines - the front bumper bar of the M2 is a very complex wrap job if done properly. I'm totally delighted with the job he did.

If it isn't too late, and you'd like his number, drop me an IM and I'll connect you.

For what its worth, I PPF'd the following on my LBB:
  1. Front Bumper
  2. Rocker Bars (panel below the doors)
  3. Headlights
  4. Door Handle Cups
  5. Rear Bumper (behind the rear wheels)
  6. Rear Bumper (boot opening surface)
... and maybe I'll do the bonnet in the new year

Cheers!
Thank you for the info. It has come just a fraction too late as I have actually got the deposit paid for the front end to be done on Friday. Unfortunately due to workload at all the places I contacted that's all I could find to get done anywhere in Melbourne pre xmas.
It is XPEL, so fingers-crossed it comes up well. By all reports in the forums it is an excellent finish. My only disappointment is i'll be driving the car extensively on the open roads over the xmas period without the full wrap completed

Ill go in for the rest of the car in the New Year as soon as I can get a booking.

Cheers and thanks again.