Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I could live with the S55 exhaust sounds, especially since the trade-off is a more robust motor..

However, I hate the exhaust's pops and burbles with a passion; it attracts too much attention and make the vehicle sound like it's built for a juvenile.

I'm probably the only guy in history that would flash tune, not because I need more power but to be able to toggle-control the obnoxious cold start and pop/burbles..
I guess I'm immature, because I like it. In parking garages, I purposefully put it into Sport+ to make them even louder. I usually drive around in Sport, so they aren't TOO bad, but my favorite thing to do is get into boost in 2nd or 3rd and quickly cut throttle. It releases a loud crack, love doing it. Should note that I'm 23, and I enjoy it, so maybe I'm the target market...?
Well, I'm 11 years older than you but I'm still young at heart. Maybe if I was in my 20s, I probably wouldn't of mind the sound as much, I can't really say, TBH.

Regardless, the first time I heard pop & burbles in my new 2010 Mini JCW, I thought to myself; "WoW, this sounds cute but it will never catch on to standard BMWs; they're way too sophisticated to sound like this." Fast forward to 2018 and even the base 320i loaner car I had, emitted loud-ass pops and burbles..

I'm appreciate a good sounding exhaust as much as the next guy but in my humble opinion, no BMW with a 60k sticker price should sound like an old Honda, with a leaky exhaust pipe and bad timing. Just saying..

Glad you like and enjoy it

It's just not for everybody..
Appreciate 1
ChrisK4449.00