01-30-2016, 01:26 AM   #384
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyga3 View Post
Be BOLD BMW and go back to cutting edge features; the designs are great! And no, gesture control does not count. Perfect voice control, A/C seats (no fans), full-autonomous cruise, bio-metrics finger-tip start, full digital dash across all lines, full panoramic roof all models (non-SAV), temperature controlled cup holders (hot/cold), etc. Premium features that I can't find on a Ford, Chevy, Kia, Hyundai, Audi, Cadillac, Lincoln, MB, Porsche, etc. If time is spent looking at what the other brands have already on the table, you'll see that BMW is slowing down. All the manufacturers have caught-up to ride/handling but yet BMW is changing that now to match softer rides. Carbon fiber and i8, i3....great but I'm talking about what brings in the bread/butter and offering more to the loyalists who purchase year after year. 17 yrs with the brand, and now I'm really looking and the trend is not good in my opinion.
I disagree with that direction. If you look back to a historic model like the E30, it was a no nonsense car with few fancy features, but great handling, RWD, good ergonomics inside, low weight and good looks. I would not want to pay extra for a panoramic roof that makes the car softer and top heavy, nor any of the other things you mention. I would rather prefer a limited slip differential as standard equipment on all models. Show that BMW is the brand that cares about active drivers.
Appreciate 0