06-18-2020, 11:09 AM   #79
Got f1?
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 E46 ZHP, 20 X3M, M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
So in conclusion, why spend time and money on a solution that doesnt protect against the primary failure mode and that may even do more harm than good? And on something that happens to a fraction of a % of these engines. And lets forget price because you are min maxing to your advantage. Most SCH only result in off timing that does not result in 22k bill.
To me, this is an interesting point. I am certainly not as technically knowledgable as either you Megator or F87source.

I am thinking in this way and would love both your thoughts. Presuming that overall failure rate with SCH is low (low single digits as %?) and a subset with catastrophic failure at less than half (is that fair?), the exposure seems to be that if I have a SCH, it will more likely results in limp mode.

For clarity, engine is not currently modified at all, save for mid-pipe and rear section. If I do modify, I will not exceed stage 1 levels so under 500BHP. As I understand, these levels and lower are "safer" although not "safe".

Seems like risk is pretty low to me.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0