Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
They really emphasize the "darken" taillights, in all their new MY lineup, as if its a ground-breaking improvement.. It was mentioned twice in just one paragraph..

That just confirms they don't have much tricks left to throw at F platform, before they completely revamp the series..

Expect a few more cosmetic "special editions" to be released before the F-series chassis finally sunsets..
+1

If someone tints their lights and posts it on here it would get next to no reaction. When BMW does it everyone gets excited. I'll give it to them, their marketing team really knows their demographics and how to pull strings to maximize profits. I'd be terrible at it. Can imagine being in a meeting and someone saying "let's tint the tail lights!" while my reaction would be "are you seriously, that's how you want to drive sales, with some lame tints?". I'd be so wrong.

It's a tough business to remain innovative and still turn profit. New designed parts and features will mean added researcher and development and product cost. Tinting some taillights is a cop out but saves a bunch of money, as oppose to going back to the drawing board. People talk about Toyota's lack of innovation but BMW plays the same game.

When people rag on Toyota for the BMW influenced Supra, I otherwise understand that they have to stay appealing, abide by all these intricate and costly emission regulations and safety standards and still keep the price reasonable so it could be reachable to their set demo. Sharing R&D with BMW helps them reach that goal.

I'm surprise that US spec BMWs is getting the Blackline taillights as standard. As far as I remembered from the E92 and E82, this particular taillight, because of its reduction of light output, was not legally allowed on US spec vehicles. You could buy them from Europe and have them shipped though.

How come it's ok now? :
Appreciate 0