View Single Post
      05-21-2018, 03:53 PM   #74
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
thanks for helping define the weight gain in the car... it appears 120 lbs is due to the motor and associated cooling.. .. and another 30 lbs is due to brakes if the 2NH kit is included on the US car as it is in Canada. As stated above... just because BMW is adding these changes.. doesn't mean the absolute performance of the M2 competition will be greatly changed vs the OG M2.

Indeed.. I surely hope that the changes will result in measurable changes in performance, it will be interesting to see instrumented reviews.
A solid 25-30lbs maybe more can be attributed just to the exhaust changes. Single vs dual path, twice the piping and cats. The muffler is also considerably bigger than the OG M2. Like you said cooling upgrades, all stuff related to S55. Honestly I don't doubt for a second the M2C is going to rip and put up numbers/laptimes far exceeding BMW's underrated numbers, but that is just my opinion. Interested to see what Randy does with it at Laguna Seca, hopefully they get one for Best Drivers Car comparo.
Appreciate 1
ChrisK4454.00