View Single Post
      03-06-2020, 08:37 PM   #22
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Off topic but I see from your signature you run Pagid RSL29's, how do they perform on track? Tolerable street manners for driving to/from track? Any comparison to DS1.11's? I've always used PFC's but they don't seem to have any compounds available for the stock M2C pad shape.
I've had a very good experience running Pagid Yellows over the years on different vehicles. Everyone's uses and priorities will be different, but for my purposes the RSL29 is the best track pad I have ever used. On the track it strikes a great balance between initial bite, modulation, fade resistance and rotor wear. It is also the most street friendly track pad I've used. Good cold bite, relatively quiet and easy on the rotors. Enough so that I don't even bother switching back and forth between other pads. However, my car is not a daily driver and I try to get to the track at least once a month.

I have 3 track days (2 @ Sebring and 1 @ Homestead) and around 2000 total miles with the RSL29s in my M2C so far and they have been holding up well.

The 2NH brakes are probably the best factory brakes I've ever had on track. In spite of all the complaints you see on these forums about them, when properly setup they are quite impressive.

The pads for these calipers are simply massive both in terms of area and volume. The front RSL29s have a pad thickness of 19.5 mm when new and there was still room for a 1 mm titanium shim when installed. The rear pad thickness is 18 mm when new and also had room for a 1 mm shim.

Combined with stainless steel brake lines and Castrol SRF fluid these brakes have been very confidence inspiring.

My only real complaint (and it is very minor) in this application is a faint click that can be heard when first applying the brakes in the opposite direction from which you had previously been moving suggesting that the Pagid pads fit just a little bit loose in the calipers. However, this is a very common occurrence with aftermarket pads that I've experienced many times over the years. It might also just be the titanium shims.

I've never used Ferodo DS1.11s so I can't make any comparison there. I did try the DS2500s many years ago as they were marketed as a dual purpose pad. As you probably know, they're not suitable for the track.

I've read a lot of good things about the new DS3.12s and they are available in M2C sizes. I am very tempted to try them next.

Last edited by 2020M2Competition; 03-06-2020 at 08:41 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 2
Montaver2182.00
M2guru383.50