Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Dodge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee500 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
Interesting perception about the sound. I'm coming from a 435 (N55) and always thought it sounded just like every other BMW non-V8 that came out in the past few years: like crap!
The S55 doesn't sound great either but I guess sounds just like looks, are totally subjective.
That's because the M2 N55 isn't a standard n55. The m2 n55 has many parts from the s55. I had a tuned 335i coupe with the n55 before my LCI m2. There's no comparison. The m2 in sport plus mode is intoxicating even with the stock exhaust. Those burbles are worth the every penny. Its the reason I bought an LCI over the comp. plus I will never track my car so I didn't need the extra power of the s55.
What parts is the N55 borrowing from the S55?

The low end torque of the N55, turbo blasphemy and all, makes the M2 fun for me no matter the driving circumstances. Again, it's just the perfect all around balance I had been looking for. Just can't get enough of it.
You can't beat the instant on/off power, of forced induction, over a wind-up, big block, NA V8.

Turbos really does inject life into an engine, without the need for equivalent displacement, that its NA counterpart requires.

I predict that turbocharger is on its way out and will be replace by a 48V hybrid battery setup, which will have all the advantages of a turbo-charger, without any of the limitations.

It will be tenfold over in efficiency and reliability, to become the new trend, kind of like what BMW did for the turbocharger technology, when they brought it back from extinction, into the mainstream, with the advent of their successfully N54 motor, in 2007.

I can't wait, I just hope they find a way to integrate a third pedal but that probably just wishful thinking.
Appreciate 0