View Single Post
      04-19-2020, 01:04 PM   #38
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

I own both cars lol.

The n55 m2 sounds good but it seems really droney. I feel like it's gotten more droney over time but maybe I just notice more now that I have an e90 m3 zcp.

The chassis of the m2 is a lot better than the e90, the size, weight, and wheelbase of the car makes the car feel more playful. I like the suspension better. You get torque early and all over the place and the engine warms up faster, but the car doesn't need to be warmed up to be fun because the chassis is so good and the wheelbase is so short. It's still fun just going around corners puttering around town. The e90 m3 isn't really fun or interesting besides the engine, and it has to be warmed up before you work the engine.

The m3 seems like a higher end car mostly because of the leather quality, but at this point my 80k mile car rattles more than the m2 and has more wear and tear.

The m2 has a Wagner Evo 2 comp intercooler and bm3 ACN tune specifically for the crappy California gas and that definitely helps the power feel consistent and feel like it's making power to redline. I don't feel like there's nothing after 5.5k anymore. That said it doesn't pull to redline like the s65 does. s65 feels like the harder you push it the more you get out of it. It's obviously making more power at 6k than 5k, more at 7k, more at 8k, and more at 8300 than it did at 8000. It rewards you for ringing it out. It doesn't generally feel that fast under 5k though, but it revs fast in low gears so stepping on it gets you going in a hurry. Definitely feels like it pulls harder into triple digits than the m2 but I don't know if it's actually faster.

The m3 stock sounds good from the outside but you don't hear much from the driver's seat. You can modify the stock exhaust for cheap so it's louder but still emissions legal. The induction noise from the engine is great. It's like the m2 is all exhaust an the m3 is all engine noise. I decided to lean into that an got an Eventuri Carbon Fiber plenum and it made the engine induction noise at full throttle like 4 times louder, it's crazy and amazing! Hard for the m2 to compete with that. Sounds stock at anything less than 80 precent throttle though. Now that I've had it for a while I also really like the sound of the V8 just winding up and down at civilized driving speeds. I didn't used to appreciate that. I took the sound deadening out from under the m2 engine cover and it sounds good too, but prefer the V8.

The sound system sucks in both. Don't have premium in the m3.

If I had a crystal ball and knew the m3 was going to be reliable I'd upgrade the suspension and just keep that as my only car. The m2 would be fine as my only car too, it's still super fun.

As far as the m2c I wanted to maybe get my21 and do euro delivery and sell the m2. Who knows in this current state of the world though. Without euro delivery the m2c is less attractive when I already have the m2.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9107.50
qnet684.50