Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenB7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianboar View Post
Agree!

How much is a Porsche Panamera that I can put in sport+ mode and have the beast in it come out.

I for one do not want a car of 2 series size for that price, I'd look for other 2 door Porsche Cayman GTS
LOL. BMW has produced a lovely, exclusive car with a 450+ hp straight 6 paired with an honest-to-goodness manual and people want to play the "I can go faster for less" game. If you don't get it, you aren't the target audience. This car is already sold out.

Unlike the M3 CS and M4 GTS, the M2 CS can be paired with an actual clutch pedal. Brilliant. I can see the DCT cars taking a hit but not the 6MT. Unless you really do require maximum track performance, spec the stick.

Also, a lot of people mentioning GT4 as a better option. I don't buy that comparison: the M2 CS is "maximum BMW" in the sense that it combines BMW's best traditional ingredients in an exclusive package for enthusiasts. It could be the last "BMW BMW" (have you seen the grille on the upcoming compact M cars?). That alone makes it worth a garage space, for now. The GT4 is awesome but it lacks the legitimate motorsports engine available in the 991.2 GT3/Speedster. It isn't "maximum Porsche."

Looking forward to welcoming the CS to the family.
I totally get what you are saying. I also figure you got your hands on one of those rare ones.

And presumably this is your 4th or 11th car in the garage that can find some space.

There are reasons why they would make such cars in low numbers, it's an engineering feat. True manual tranny characteristics, I can understand the real last "bmw bmw", likely not.

And you do bring the design elements into comparison, I personally never liked the 2 series it looks like a toy car to me, those tail lights are super lazy design as if they just ran out of ideas (aren't all cars these days? Look at the confused C class a brainchild ve and Audi tail lights Lol). Grill size sanity is just holding up enough in the smaller BMW cars. I recall Chris Bangle on design of tail lights with the man himself admitting it was harder of most design problems to solve.

Saw an article comparing cayman, 911 and Audi R8 where the track times were so similar within 100th of sec that either it's track driver difference or only a handful of those lucky M2 CS owners would be able to hit that track time difference with their super license and F1 training certificate.

Enjoy in good health it's a unique collectible car that i can appreciate if I had a tonne of $

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0