Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pim85
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGWGN View Post
Sorry for being dense, but how is BMW delivering '17 cars if there is a stop delivery on them? Is it simply because those cars aren't listed on the current 'recall' yet?
The new MY17's that are/were affected are getting fixed in Germany before shipment. Quite a few were held for 2+ weeks prior to getting on a boat.

Cars have to be inspected and confirmed ok before they're released to owner.
Mine wasn't affected by the recall apparently (built 15.07), and sent to Norway after that. However I do hear a sound from the back occasionally. Do any of you with a fixed diff. Hear this? It's apparent for a split second, and the way others have described it as driving over a cola can is spot on. Could this just be a normal sound for this car??
My rear diff was replaced prior to delivery on August 19. With only 120 miles on the odometer, I've heard this sound 4-5 times already, and always while turning a corner when you would expect the rear wheels to be turning at slightly different speeds.

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0