View Single Post
      02-29-2020, 11:01 AM   #6
kpaso
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Marin View Post
I only ran Track Addict on my last of 4 sessions with a passenger. Best was a 1:47. 1:46 if I piece together the best section times. Not quite as fast as I thought I was, but I’m happy with it for first time back. Top speed on the front straight was 112, but the front straight sequence was one area that I was definitely giving up some time, easing off the throttle over the crest. I need a few more sessions to fully commit over the crest. Best speed up the corkscrew after turn 6 was 108 mph. What’s good for an experienced driver? I see that 1:40’s-1:42’s on the lap time post. I definitely have a few sections that I was scrubbing seconds. The corkscrew is another that I need more experience with. I will say that the inconsistency in brake feel had me braking softer and earlier on the big braking zones.

I started with 28 psi and they were at 35-37 psi after the first session.

Pads + Fluid are top of the list for the next outing. I also totally blasted the rocker panels. I need to respect and PPF the rear edge of the rockers. I’m sooo happy I wrapped the front of the car.
1:46/7 isn't bad at all for your first time back in that long. Especially with you lifting so much on the front straight. Inconsistent brakes definitely do mess with your head and times.

I would say an experienced driver at your power level might be closer to 1:42 for sure if everything else is stock. The stock brakes won't last more than 1-2 laps at that pace though.
Appreciate 0