View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 12:28 PM   #6
recycledAlva
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY17 BSM M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I would reach out to your installer. I install CP here in SoCal and typically recommend exactly what you're doing. In some cases an all purpose cleaner like Americana's F-Bomb will do the trick of removing any contaminants (i usually mix in a bit with my soap in a foam cannon and spray the whole car with it)

There's also 'Ceramic Pro Care' but it's a bit pricey - however, the benefits i've seen on throught testing our shop cars have been pretty amazing.

But first i'd reach out to your installer and ask for their recommendations or take it in for a quick maintenance wash/decon and claybar. That should get the coating performing properly again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldrops View Post
I've had the Ceramic Pro Gold Package(4 layers of 9H - 1 layer of Light) on my M2C for about six months now and have loved it.

My car is a daily and isn't garaged. While I do maintain the paint obsessively, I've started to notice general buildup akin to minor water spots/paint contamination causing certain parts not to be as hydrophobic. I'm a few months short of my yearly clay bar/ceramic coating update.

While we cannot wax ceramic coated cars, I have seen several water based waxes/sealants that are meant for it. Does anyone have experience with a ceramic coating safe product, akin to spray wax, that I can use after each wash? Or do I just get the car clayed?

For reference, I only use de-ionized water, PH neutral soap, 3 bucket method, and exclusively use a car air dryer.