12-29-2019, 12:17 PM   #21
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
OP, I'm gonna throw out a wild suggestion: Sell the R8 and get BOTH the M2C AND the TTRS. I know it sounds insane, but here's my logic behind it.

1. From what I see on Autotrader, the 2015 R8 V10+ commands > $100k

2. There are plenty of examples of incredibly low mileage M2C popping up for sale now, with significant discount off original MSRP. As someone described it, these are, "Oh s***, I'm in over my head," cars, where you can get an amazing deal. I would imagine there are examples of this happening with the TTRS too

3. As a result, for roughly the same money, you would end up with 2 cars for your R8

4. Both cars seem to fly under the radar, so no more gawking and unwanted attention. And neither car is the car that Iron Man drives, so you won't need to worry so much about parking, vandalism, etc., etc.

5. The TTRS would be a really good winter car, given AWD (and because it's not a super car, you won't mind the salt too much), meanwhile the M2C is the perfect warm weather hooligan car - it feels fun at nearly any speed

6. If you need practicality, the M2C has good cabin space, adequate trunk, etc., etc. It's my daily driver, and I got 2 kids seats in the back for my 4 and 6 year olds

7. Finally, every single one of us on this forum suffers from Auto ADD. It's fun getting and playing with new toys. In your case, you'd get 2 new toys for the price of 1!!!
There's some real win in this advice.
Appreciate 1
Conissah1576.00