View Single Post
      08-20-2019, 11:25 AM   #37
Big boi m5
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

I think they're avoiding the value of word of mouth marketing.
BMW became cool because car people liked the M cars. BMW currently caters the M cars to non car people to boost sales of profitable cars.

Well business men don't like bumpy loud M cars. They like smooth comfortable cars. I think having a rough rider as your top trim is a really bad mistake.
You don't have to look Far to find car people or even BMW people criticizing nu-BMW cars. Leaders likely don't like M cars as they're not comfortable and most M faithful don't want a 3600 M2.

Essentially the brand has cycled though from cool brand to popular brand to formerly cool brand and soon will be formerly popular brand. Yes many dollars were made along the way and that's business.

If BMW wants to remain cool long term they need to...remain cool long term. 4200 lbs slush box auto AWD 'sports' cars? No Motorsport program really in existence? This brand is sport flavored Toyota at this point.

M5 with RWD ttV8 dogbox 5 seats and some cheap vents and an aux cable stereo would be cool and make people excited and hyping up the brand. It's crazy that they're basically all 3 making the same cars and trying to pry leasers from each other with gimmicks like laser head lights and gesture control. They sell these cars though stupid gimmicks 'look what my car has'.

People will pay for cool. Gesture control is not cool and nobody cares.

Basically the car people will move on to a Caterham style small company making a cool sports car and BMW will age poorly like Chanel or Cadillac. The shareholders will squeeze every dime they can from the brand and it will go away and something new will replace it and the whole thing will start over.

BMW is obviously selling a cheap to produce product with some lipstick on it. I think most on here can detect that they're pushing loyal customers too far and they're ruining the good will they created. They won't even fund a WEC team to run 6 races this year. Just pathetic.

For me? I'll buy Lotus or Caterham next time. Audi has a better interior for commuting and all 3 Germans ride the same. Why get BMW in 2019? AMG GT and Audi R8 are atleast proper race cars. BMW offers you 4000 lbs CLAR platform #8 linked to a defunct race program that not even BoP could save.

That's the bottom line. They're not cool. They're not the car to have anymore. They're a gross amalgamation of gimmicks and cheap chassis and transmissions trying to be everything for every customer at the same time. They've damaged the brand.

The WIR WUSSEN BAYERISCHEN M vision concept is the biggest joke of all and just goes to show how out of touch the company is with what BMW is.
Appreciate 2
GGG333603.50