03-28-2020, 10:24 PM   #74
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcmac View Post
I checked the manual and I think i've answered my own question,. There's a positive point under the hood and a bolt that is used as ground for the negative clamp,... is this correct?

Also, anyone know if I should be taking any other steps to maintain the car given it'll be sitting for 3-4 months? Fuel additive etc?
Yeah I posted before, the metal bolt on the left of the engine bay is the ground. You can loosen that with a torx bit to put the eyelets in.

1) Fuel stabilizer in a full tank of gas to prevent moisture from getting in then let it cycle to the injectors, I use stabil and my car sits 6-7 months/year since we have long winters.

2) Keep the parking brake off and chock the wheels so you dont stretch the parking brake cable. Same goes for the manual transmission, keep it in neutral.

3) Close all of the vents to prevent bugs getting in.

4) Put a piece of wax paper between the windshield and the wipers so it doesn't get siezed.

5) keep the car unlocked if possible to prevent the alarm from adding extra power draw to the car.

6) Change your oil and fluids

7) over inflate your tires to near the side wall limits to prevent tire flat spots, or use tire flat stoppers.

8) wash car, wax it, then clean interior and moisturize leather. Then hang a dehumidifier bag inside the cabin to remove excess moisture to prevent weird smells.

9) If you park on concrete layer the floor with a moisture barrier. Put dryer sheets under the car to prevent rodents and spiders and bugs.

10) Car covers are always nice, put only on a clean car

11) deflate all seat bolsters and lumbar supports

12) trickle charger

13) clean engine bay

DO NOT start it until you're ready to drive it again. This will prevent excess wear to the motor (as oil drains to the sump), and moisture build up in the motor if the car doesn't fully warm up. You also wont have to keep filling the tank back up.