Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 jackrabbit on crystal meth

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
these are generally not considered ideal and can lead to issues.
You're right, it's not ideal given its one sensor connection point. It merely manipulates the DME into making more boost. That doesn't mean it's not a great product. I'm using it as a stopgap until the weather warms up and I can get stage 4 done. I can't get the power down as it is right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Yeah I'd think the A/F ratio might be off some, but other than that I'd think it'd either work or not. I'd be more concerned about heat and/or turbo stress which this device should not really induce on 93 octane. You probably don't want to run this device on 91 octane with an M2 unless you are in a cold climate. Terry already showed where timing was pulled on 91 in stock form.

Also, I don't think you can get legitimate dyno results on this by doing quick back-to-back runs. You probably have to drive the car for many miles after installation and do several WOT runs, for ECU adaption purposes.
I've had zero issues running 93, smooth as butter.

As for the dyno runs, the first run was with the unit on (installed and continually running for about a month). Then we dyno'd with it disconnected. The results should be viable .
2017 BSM M2|6MT|Exec|black kidneys and gills|full alcantara wheel|CF spoiler|Dinan Stage 4|Dinan COI|Dinan free flow exhaust with resonator delete|Fabspeed sport cat DP|BMS clutch stop|465 bhp|4.75/5 stars

retired: 2014 435xi|MPPK|335 bhp|3/5 stars
Appreciate 1
No Boost4027.00