View Single Post
      01-22-2017, 02:32 PM   #53
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
Wouldn't you have to beef up the transmission, changing the transmission, and diff oils often because a heavily modified vehicle can no longer follow OEM change intervals.

Where is the video of a straight-line acceleration run or even a dyno pull at max tune????

You probably need to get stickier tires and a full aero-kit otherwise you could fly off the road as it was designed with the power it originally was supposed to have. It went from like GT4 to GT1/2 territory with that much power.
You're probably right. I will need to do engine oil, tranny oil, and diff oil changes more frequently. Part of the game I guess. Tires/suspension/brakes are all in the works (nothing crazy)... should all be on the car within the next week or two.

I will be going back to the dyno once my 93oct tune is finalized. Version 6 which I am currently running is very close. 6k hiccup is now at 6.5k+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpoomanchu View Post
I agree, you would have thought that by this time someone would have offered a solution as i am not wanting to run meth or PI. For those with access to E85 i think more of us would opt for additional upgrades.
Well honestly part of the solution is a flash tune because you can actually adjust fueling etc. But you're right after the flash tune the actual OEM hardware quickly runs out of headroom.

Also BIG THANKS for all the positive posts on this thread. Never thought I would make the front page of BimmerPost
97 Integra GSR - crashed it
Appreciate 2
FSociety3811.50
BAN_M2C4178.00