View Single Post
      01-22-2017, 09:18 AM   #49
zinner
Major
Rep
Drives: `17 X5 35d/`15 335i/`18 M550IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
The more I research meth the more I'm interested in it. A 3 gallon tank looks like it would last me a pretty long time. I just flashed version 6 today and it is noticeably smoother. I did about 5 pulls and only 2 of which felt like they had slight HPFP issues near redline. Maybe only a revision away from heading back to the dyno . Once my current setup is done I will probably go with whatever proTUNING Freaks recommends for fueling.

ya adding another variable is what scares me. BUT I do want to finish off my build... at this point I'm in so deep I sort of have to lol
At the top end you are playing a game with power versus how cold/dense the air is at the time. You can run 17 psi in the summer but only 14/15 in the winter depends on how cold it gets. I am doing 16-17 right now and when it's under 70F I need to lift at the redline to keep it from breaking up from lack of fuel.

The dinan $229 diy or $899 pnp fuel upgrade is going to help on long pulls at high speeds where the low pressure pump will run out and you should get a idrive screen and limp mode. The HPFP running dry has never set a code just acted like I hit a fuel cut rev limiter :-D

Have fun! I am doing the Meth system as well and you can buy the BMS tank separately for 230 bux right now. I am using BPC flash only but I think I am going to have bootmod3 setup so I can do a meth and no meth tune.
Appreciate 1