kristobias
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
Honestly Dave.

The e30 m3 crowd is awesome. Most of my good friends own them or have owned them.

The e36 m crew not so much but I have a lightweight so in my own "space" anyway.

The m2 CS crew awesome. I've already made 2 lifelong friends. I'm not joking

But honestly after going to a major east coast bmw event. I have almost zero in common with most of the new Bmw sports car owners.

I would consider the ltw to e36 ownership very similar to m2 CS ownership to regular m2. 8/10 times we just won't have much in common. Most are 25 years younger than I am. No kids. Income levels a lot different.

Now e30 m3 owners and e30'owners. Yeah we do get along. It's strange but they are just different types of owners. And the e30 m3
is a giant hug. Everyone wants to approach it. It's the true legend.

I'll wave in my e30 m3. Chances are they will be flashing me anyway.

Same with ltw. They are giving me thumbs up etc. I don't wave to e36 owners though. As for the m2 CS. Nope. I keep driving.

I can't imagine m2 or m2c owner giving you the thumbs up or a wave is their first thought. Look here on this forum. Many are saying it's overpriced and just tune and some CF bits. They don't understand the car yet. Give it time thou. Maybe 10 years?

I've only edited this post 20 times now.
Great post. I could sub in my 2002 for every time you mention E30. It stops people in their tracks and no one feels weird about coming up and asking questions and taking pics. I get flashed by anyone and everyone from modern BMW's to minivans. And I always acknowledge. With the M2 I wave at other M2's but rarely get a wave. I get most attention from young guys in 235's and 240's who probably aspire to an M2.
Attached Images