Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I agree, I driven both an M2 and non-CP M4 with Adaptive Suspension and the M4 feels way more comfortable and compliant when traveling over road undulations, which is a God-sent in the war-torn like roads, here in NYC.

The M2's suspension can feel jarring and crash-y over road imperfections, while the M4 just swallows them. It's not exactly Rolls Royce Phantom comfort levels but there is a discernible difference in compliance between the two vehicles.

Since, for the most part, the M2 shares the same suspension platform as the M4, I attributed the more comfortable ride feel to wider-track and Adaptive Suspension.

However, if your live in a state like Florida with glass-smooth roads, your perception comfort might differ, than those North-East, snow-belt states with roads that resembles the Gaza Strip.

i think the m2 is stiff because they underdampened the shocks. I think they just moved over the stock m4 shocks and not took into account the shorter wheel base of the m2. i had way stiffer coil overs on my 335i and it rode smoother then my stock m2.

The m2 was designed more to be a bare bones M car...so you get the driving experience. The m4 is designed more with performance and comfort in mind.

I would say you get more value with a CPO m4 versus a cpo m2 but the problem is i think the M4 is ugly lol.
I beg to differ..

I know this might sound like blasphemy to say this in the M2 section but If it wasn't for the larger dimensions, I would, hands down, take an M4 over an M2. Which I guess is the point of different intervals in the model lineup.

I just love how the M4 looks, from the upscale red leather, carbon fiber roof, Adaptive Suspension, wet carbon fiber interior, more comfortable ride, ect.

The thing is, my driveway is too narrow to accommodate the M4 chassis, so I had to forgo that option, simple because of a lack of real estate. The M2 just fits more appropriately, so it was the more logical choice.

Sounds weird right but for reference, this is photo of my garage juxtaposed between a 3, 4, & 5 series..

I love it but it's just to too big.. That's what she said.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1