View Single Post
      01-28-2020, 12:48 AM   #16
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I agree, I driven both an M2 and non-CP M4 with Adaptive Suspension and the M4 feels way more comfortable and compliant when traveling over road undulations, which is a God-sent in the war-torn like roads, here in NYC.

The M2's suspension can feel jarring and crash-y over road imperfections, while the M4 just swallows them. It's not exactly Rolls Royce Phantom comfort levels but there is a discernible difference in compliance between the two vehicles.

Since, for the most part, the M2 shares the same suspension platform as the M4, I attributed the more comfortable ride feel to wider-track and Adaptive Suspension.

However, if your live in a state like Florida with glass-smooth roads, your perception comfort might differ, than those North-East, snow-belt states with roads that resembles the Gaza Strip.

i think the m2 is stiff because they underdampened the shocks. I think they just moved over the stock m4 shocks and not took into account the shorter wheel base of the m2. i had way stiffer coil overs on my 335i and it rode smoother then my stock m2.

The m2 was designed more to be a bare bones M car...so you get the driving experience. The m4 is designed more with performance and comfort in mind.

I would say you get more value with a CPO m4 versus a cpo m2 but the problem is i think the M4 is ugly lol.
Appreciate 2