View Single Post
      01-27-2020, 04:30 PM   #15
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
In May 2016 I was part of a group Euro Delivery with 10 M2s, 2 M3s, and 2 M4s, including my M4 with DCT. As part of this trip we had a track day at Nurburgring Nordschleife, Circuit Park Zandvoort, and Spa Francorchamps. The cars were fresh from Euro Delivery and completely stock, but all cars had put in the required 1200 miles before they were all serviced in Stuttgart prior to arriving at Nurburgring.

At Spa I had the opportunity to run closely with one of the M2s with a 6MT. I could easily catch her and pass on the straights. If she was in front, she would pull away in the corners, if I was in front, she would be on my ass all through the corners, but again, I would pull away on the straights. We did this, back and forth, sometimes leading and sometimes following for several laps.

That was before the M4 Competition Package and now of course, the M2 Competition Package. So it kind of depends exactly which M4 model and which M2 model you're comparing. And it also depends on the driver's skill.

I've driven an M2 on numerous occasions. It is nimble and handles well. That said, for most driving, I like the much better interior, the exterior styling, and the tech goodies in my M4.

Appreciate 1