View Single Post
      01-27-2020, 03:56 PM   #13
MiamiM235iEstorilBlue
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCollection View Post
My fiancé has an ‘18 m4 and I was interested in an m2/3/4 as a daily. I went for the m2c from a mapped 335d.

The m2 is quieter and more compliant than the m4 even in comfort (it has 19’s) the tractability is so much better to as the m4 is just angry all the time in an I’m going to catch you by surprise way.

The road noise is less in the m2 and they both run ps4 tyres.
Interesting!

I dont mind the stiff ride of the M2 at all. What kills me is the excessive noise and rattles on bad downtown pavement or our many Miami drawbridges metal center section where it sounds like the M2 is about to rattle itself to pieces.

The highway noise (not engine) from tires, etc., is also rather terrible. I can't really make calls (sometimes have to dial in for work meetings on the road) as I cant hear people well unless I blast the audio. Also, when I speak, they all complain of the background noise.

I bought the M2 to replace my M235i and I LOVE the handling, engine, etc. But as an everyday driver, its beginning to seem less appealing and practical. Was thinking the M4 might offer me much of what I love about the M2, but a bit more refinement.

From your post, seems maybe not! I may be looking at a Supra now, as I've read those are much quieter and more refined yet just as fast on track in almost every review.
Appreciate 1
PLF693766.00