View Single Post
      11-30-2015, 09:35 AM   #18
chris5150
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 30 YR Jahre

Good Link

I see looking at the steering wheel, I Reckon I got in the car and went to hit the M1 button so I was ready to accelerate away when I hit the motorway, but hit limit instead...as mentioned the slip road was short, and narrow, with a corner, so would of been crawling until I hit the short slip onto the motorway, I was actually waiting to pull out, maybe that's when I hit went to hit M1, but clearly I must of hit limit instead, as it mentions if you hit it whilst stationary then it puts a 20mph limit on , which is what I had. TO add to it further my car has 500 miles on hence I am still running it in, so really it wasn't in my mind to 'mash' the throttle, took me a few seconds to respond & process what was going on
luckily I got away with it, so as I repeat be careful...I find it totally ridiculous putting the limit button next to the M buttons, and fixing a 20 mph limit ...its an accident waiting to happen, easiest thing in the world to be waiting at a junction, looking out the window waiting for a gap to pull out,decide you need a bit of oomph to get upto speed fast, so you press your M1 button, then when you do find you've only got 20 mph of power with cars/trucks bearing down on you and whoops you hit limit instead... Yes now I know that full throttle does indeed over ride it then I am fine now, will never happen again..but yes its not the best design is it, surely a double tap system would be better, like activating MDM, it should ask you to confirm...dangerous indeed

Last edited by chris5150; 11-30-2015 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: added a bit
Appreciate 0